Thunderbird Parent Club
The Thunderbird Parent Club (formerly the Academic Booster Club) is a volunteer group dedicated to celebrating, promoting, and supporting the educational development and achievements of our LCC students. All LCC parents, faculty, alumni, Lima Catholic elementary school parents, and supporters are invited and encouraged to support and to participate in our monthly activities/events.
Thanks to the generous support of our LCC parent/family volunteers, the Thunderbird Parent Club is able to fund some activities and allocate resources for faculty requests. Costs associated with recognition of student achievement, teacher appreciation meals, educational materials, and teacher education are often financed by the efforts of the Thunderbird Parent Club volunteers.
The Thunderbird Parent Club Volunteer Parent Reps:
Lori Stolly (419-231-6914)
Martha Kahle (419-996-9709),
Mary Sreenan (419-230-6090)
Nancy Siatkosky (419-230-6090)
Angela Kohler-Schnieder (419-303-8298)
Monthly meetings are held on Mondays. Many feature a program and a speaker. Meetings for the 2018-19 school year are scheduled for:
- August 10th: Back to school Teacher Luncheon
- August 13th: Class of 2022 Meet and Eat Carry-in Picnic (Cafeteria, 6:00pm)
- September 10th: Chat with the Administration including walk-thru the new LCC website (Great Hall, 7:00pm). Bring your questions and concerns.
- August 29th: Follow your Student's Schedule/Open House (6:30pm)
- October 10th: Makerfest Speaker (Great Hall, 7:00pm)
- November 12th: Allocation/Planning Meeting (Quatman Room, 7:00pm)
- December 17th: Coffee and Donuts for LCC staff
- January 28th: College Roundtable (Great Hall, 7:00pm)
- February 1st: Catholic Schools Week Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- February: Speaker to be determined (Quatman Room, 7:00pm)
- March 18th: Spring Allocation and Academic Letter Planning Meeting (Quatman Room, 7:00pm)
- April 2nd: Academic Letter Ceremony (Old Gym, 7:30pm)
- May: ABC Wrap Up Meeting (Quatman Room, 7:00pm)
Parent volunteers sign up to donate items, funds, and their time for several teacher meals provided during the school year. The LCC teachers and staff greatly appreciate the wonderful hospitality and generosity from the volunteers of the Thunderbird Parent Club.
Academic Letter Award Ceremony
The Thunderbird Parent Club provides volunteer and financial support to recognize and promote academic achievement at LCC. The culminating event for the Club is the Academic Letter Award Ceremony held in the spring. It recognizes all sophomore, junior and senior academic letter winners. The Thunderbird Parent Club volunteers to assist the Guidance Department in organizing/setting up for the ceremony. They also provide the funding for the academic awards and refreshments. Our generous parent/family sponsors make this ceremony possible. The next Academic Letter Awards Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019.
ACT Prep Course
Parent Volunteer: Stephanie Evans
The Thunderbird Parent Club sponsors an 8-week ACT prep class prior to the spring ACT exam. The course generally begins approximately 9-10 weeks prior to the test date and is held at Lima Central Catholic. It is taught by qualified and experienced Science, Math and English teachers. There is a fee for the course but it is generally less than that charged by other test preparation organizations. LCC students are given first priority but students from other schools are welcome to participate if the class is not filled.
Look here for the most up-to-date ACT prep course: Click here for more details and registration information.
The Thunderbird Parent Club depends on parent/family volunteers and donations to carry out its mission to support LCC. Please HELP us by becoming a volunteer and/or making a donation. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!