Ohio EdChoice Scholarship Program
The Educational Choice Scholarship (EdChoice) Program was created to provide students from under performing public schools the opportunity to attend participating private schools. The program provides up to 60,000 EdChoice scholarships to eligible students.
Ohio EdChoice scholarships overview:
- Maximum scholarship amounts are set by Ohio law:
- $4,650 for elementary (K – 8)
- $6,000 for high school (9-12)
- Scholarships pay for tuition only.
- Actual scholarship amount paid will be the amount listed above or the private school’s tuition, whichever is less.
- Income verification is not required, but families who may qualify for low income status are encouraged to apply. Qualifying families may not be required to pay for tuition above the scholarship amount and may be able to receive waivers for the ACT examination and college application fees.
- All other fees are the parent’s responsibility.
- Students are eligible to apply if they are currently attending or would be assigned to attend a public school in their resident district that has been rated in Academic Emergency or Academic Watch for at least two of the past three years. Click here to see a list of schools that have been designated eligible for the 2019-20 school year. In Allen County, Lima Senior High School, North Middle School, West Middle School, Freedom Elementary, Heritage Elementary, Independence Elementary, and Unity Elementary are EdChoice-designated for the upcoming school year. If a child receives an EdChoice scholarship to attend one of the Lima Catholic elementary schools, the scholarship can be renewed every year through his or her senior year at Lima Central Catholic.
- Students who currently attend a community (“charter”) school but would be assigned to a school on the designated list in the upcoming school year are eligible. For example, if a student attends Heir Force Community School but would be assigned to North Middle School or West Middle School based on his legal residence, he would be eligible to apply.
- Click here for an EdChoice scholarship eligibility overview.
- Student must first apply and be accepted for enrollment by LCCHS.
- Check the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size to determine if you wish to apply for low income status.
- Complete the EdChoice Scholarship Request Form, and return it, along with verification of income (if applicable), address verification and a copy of the student’s birth certificate to:
Sue Janowski, Guidance Counselor
720 S Cable Rd
Lima, OH 45805
- LCCHS will submit the application on behalf of the student.
- For any questions or more information, contact Mrs. Sue Janowski, LCC Ed Choice Coordinator and School Counselor, at email@example.com or (419) 222-1826.
Enrollment Dates, Scholarship Renewal and Other Information
- The initial enrollment period for 2019-20 EdChoice scholarships is February 1, 2019 – April 29, 2019. The enrollment window will be open again from July 1 through July 31, 2019.
- If a child receives an EdChoice scholarship to attend one of the Lima Catholic elementary schools, the scholarship can be renewed every year through his or her senior year at Lima Central Catholic. Current students who receive EdChoice scholarships must submit a renewal application during the enrollment periods listed above.