COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS (CCP)
Ohio's College Credit Plus (CCP) started with the 2015-2016 school year. The program can help students earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Ohio Northern University, Ohio State Lima and Rhodes State currently offer courses on the LCC campus.
- Save thousands of dollars on college tuition
- Earn up to 45 credit hours toward college education
- Challenges superior high school students
- Provides supervision of courses by an accredited university
- Enables students to accelerate/choose additional options in college
Students must have the approval of the Guidance Counselor and complete the requisite forms in accordance with the College Credit Plus program guidelines. A minimum of “C” must be earned to receive college credit. For the 2021-2022 School Year Requirements by college, click here. These change slightly each year, but this will give each student a guideline for the expectations.
For information about how the CCP program is implemented at LCC, please refer to the 2021-2022 Lima Central Catholic High School College Credit Plus Information Guide.
Important steps for the CCP Process:
- Attend the mandatory CCP meeting in November.
- Take the ACT by February and earn a qualifying test score.
- Create an OH|ID account on the Ohio Department of Education website. Follow these instructions for new students and these instructions for returning CCP students. Record your username and password and share with the Guidance Office (mid-February).
- Schedule classes with your guidance counselor and returned signed scheduling paper by the designated date.
- Apply to the colleges if you are a new student to the university by mid-March.
- The Guidance Office will input the colleges and the credits, will upload the college acceptance letters and submit your CCP application by mid-April.
- When the process is complete, the next step will be getting your Award Letters by mid-May. The Guidance Office will download these from your OH|ID account and share them with the our coordinating colleges.
To learn more about the State of Ohio College Credit Plus program, click here.
College credit classes (PSEOP and CCP) offered @ Lima Central Catholic by school year: